[lttng-dev] [lttng-ust] Fix: man: you can't link a lib with a static lib
eeppeliteloop at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:50:56 EST 2014
Signed-off-by: Philippe Proulx <eeppeliteloop at gmail.com>
doc/man/lttng-ust.3 | 14 +++++---------
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
diff --git a/doc/man/lttng-ust.3 b/doc/man/lttng-ust.3
index 0c8405f..3d52bc0 100644
@@ -299,17 +299,13 @@ There are 2 ways to compile the Tracepoint Provider with the
application: either statically or dynamically. Please follow
- 1.1) Compile the Tracepoint provider with the application, either
- directly or through a static library (.a):
- - Into exactly one object of your application: define
+ 1) Compile the Tracepoint Provider with the application, either
+ directly or through a static library (.a):
+ - Into exactly one object of your application, define
"TRACEPOINT_DEFINE" and include the tracepoint provider.
- Use "\-I." for the compilation unit containing the tracepoint
- provider include (e.g. tp.c).
- - Link application with "\-ldl".
- - If building the provider directly into the application,
- link the application with "\-llttng-ust".
- - If building a static library for the provider, link the static
- library with "\-llttng-ust".
+ provider include (e.g., tp.c).
+ - Link the application with "\-llttng-ust" and "\-ldl".
- Include the tracepoint provider header into all C files using
More information about the lttng-dev