[lttng-dev] instrumenting "tutorial" and RTAI

fmahn at technik-emden.de fmahn at technik-emden.de
Wed Nov 26 11:59:11 EST 2014

Hello, right now I am reading the LTTng documentation and I am at the
point with the "tutorial" for adding a tracepoint to the
usb_probe_device(). I updated the files as instructed, rebuilt the
kernel and bootet it, but the "/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/hello"
directory wasnt created. It exists up to the debug directory, but the
directory itself is empty. What could have gone wrong? Is this
directory necessary? I still followed the other instructions and I was
able to trace the USB event but I am curios about the directory.
Furthermore, I am planning to instrument an RTAI kernel (for my
Bachelorthesis), so I can trace it with LTTng. Is it even possible
with these methods?

Thank you for your time!

PS:
I am using an RTAI patched 2.6.38.8 linux kernel with debian