[lttng-dev] Strange result from LTTng porting to ARM

J Lin jmlin.jmlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 00:12:14 EST 2014

Hello Daniel,

I should correct myself and say cross compiled LTTng to run on ARM. We
installed lttng-modules via insmod and verified with lsmod. Regarding
lttng-modules, there was a problem compiling where duplicate definition
occurred. We use kernel version 3.8 and in the source code saw the
conflicting section "should be" guarded for version less than 3.15. So we
added version check to work around it.

We have not tested ust yet. But have compiled all three (lttng-ust,
lttng-tools, lttng-modules) and placed on development board. Right now, we
are just doing a simple trace for a certain irq that triggers every 4ms.
This is the most information we got:
[00:01:36.985006316] (+0.001175688) (none) lttng_statedump_interrupt: {
cpu_id = 0 }, { irq = 29, name = "GIC", action = "twd" }

Also noticed this when creating a session:
[ 2][   64.512057] ##### send signal SIG : 10,
lttng-sessiond(373)->lttng(262) __send_signal

Thanks,
MIKE

: