[lttng-dev] [documentation] Drawing: LTTng architecture in relation to the commandline / buffer options

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed May 28 09:08:19 EDT 2014

De : Randy Wijnants [mailto:randy at tty32.org]
Envoyé : 28 mai 2014 07:50

> Thanks for the explaination of the interface between the session and consumer daemon.
>
> Incorporated all of your suggestions into the graphic.
>
> Updated version:
> http://tty32.org/Logging%20configuration2.png<--ESFSECEV-TY3011---------------------------->
> http://tty32.org/Logging%20configuration2.svg<--ESFSECEV-TY3011---------------------------->
>
> Should i push the SVGs to lttng git repo at this point?
>
> Randy Wijnants.

   There is one small problem with the diagram as it currently stands : lttng-relayd does not intervene on the sender side.  When sending the trace data to a remote location, the lttng-consumerd reads from the buffer and sends over the wire instead of writing to the local file system.  On the destination machine, lttng-relayd receives the data and writes it to the destination machine’s local file system.  The first lttng-relayd box of the diagram does not exist.

   Finally, you may want to add a control arrow running from Eclipse TMF to the session daemon (this is achieved through SSH, as far as I can recall).

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245