[lttng-dev] Debian specific userspace RCU configure override

Jon Bernard jbernard at debian.org
Tue May 27 16:18:48 EDT 2014

* Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2014, at 2:59, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > Why are each package compiled against completely different targets ?
>
> urcu invokes ./configure manually while ltt-control uses
> dh_auto_configure wrapper and that makes the difference

This is correct.  When I first saw the difference, I assumed they would
both invoke configure in a way that wouldn't effect the target.  But now
I remember having a similar problem on sparc (which is why urcu includes
this override) where the target discovery was not correct.

It looks to me like a bug related to debhelper (which provides
dh_auto_configure).  For now, I think this override applied to
lttng-tools will correctly fix the build without disabling dmb.  I will
let the existing transition into testing complete and then submit new
packages.

--
Jon