[lttng-dev] babeltrace

Alexandre Montplaisir alexmonthy at voxpopuli.im
Thu May 8 03:00:52 EDT 2014

Hi,

Every event type has different fields though. So the "columns" would
vary from one event to another.

Although I can see that if you add let's say "context.pid" to ALL
events, then it would be nice in the CSV export to add this as a
separate column. However, the viewer cannot know for sure that all
events in the trace have that particular context enabled. Unless you do
a full pass of the trace first to look for common fields.

Or, you do a first pass to check for all possible existing fields in the
trace, and add all of those as separate columns. Then you write the
event information in the relevant columns only, and you end up with a
CSV with a lot of "holes".

It would be possible to hack ExportToTextRequest.java to have any
particular behavior. But I'm not sure how this option could be
implemented and exposed to the user generically.

Cheers,
Alexandre