[lttng-dev] Clang plugin providing automatic application instrumentation

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Mar 14 13:35:39 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM, 为王 <xiaoxiao046 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,I am a graduate student from Beijing University of Posts and
> Telecommunications. Due to my
> experience in windows kernel development and debugging technique,I am very
> interested in the lttng project.I want to make a contribution for the Clang
> plugin providing automatic application instrumentation after reading the
> project ideas for gsoc2014.I am also interested in reverse engineering and
> binary hack.
> The codes of lttng project have been downloaded for reading.Due to its large
> amount,i couldn't figure out a good way to understand it.So,i want to konw
> how should i proceed further.

You should start by trying the complete toolchain to gain an
understanding of how the different pieces fit together. I wouldn't
suggest simply jumping into the code.

Have a look at the guidelines posted on our GSoC 2014 wiki for more
information on how to submit a proposal [1].

Let us know if you have more specific questions.

Jérémie

[1] https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/lttng/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014#Guidelines-for-students-applying-to-GSoC

> My english is poor,i hope you can understand what i mean. Thank you very
> much.

Jérémie Galarneau