[lttng-dev] Debian specific userspace RCU configure override

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 5 14:15:20 EDT 2014

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mathieu Desnoyers [mailto:mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com]
Envoyé : 5 juin 2014 13:55

>>    I need to revive this thread.  Although the original build failure may have been on ARMv7 wanting ARMv4, I've run into the same failure with a
>>    pure ARMv7 architecture.  Specifically, Beagle Bone Black.
>>
>>    I built userspace-rcu without trouble (except for that clock business reported earlier), but when I then tried to build lttng-ust, I ran into
>>    the same 'Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `dmb'.  Taking a look at the userspace-rcu and lttng-ust config.logs, they
>>    *both* report 'uname -m = armv7l'.  The core tests *both* report a build system type of 'armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi'.  However, userspace-rcu
>>    tests for dmb and finds it, while lttng-ust omits this test.
>>
>>    The make error occurs during the CCLD of libringbuffer.la.
>>
>>    Besides the make, config and configure logs, what should I post here?
>
> You probably built lttng-ust against a mismatching version of urcu headers.
>
> Make sure you issue "make clean" in your lttng-ust tree, double-check that the urcu/config.h header installed in your system (the one used by the lttng-ust build) has the CONFIG_RCU_ARM_HAVE_DMB define in the correct state (the one detected by urcu configure).
>
>Mathieu

   The system was clean and everything was first-run.  I did bootstrap/configure/make/install for userspace-rcu, then the same for lttng-ust (minus the install, of course).

   Both /usr/local/include/urcu/config.h and /usr/src/userspace-rcu-0.8.0/urcu/config.h have '#define CONFIG_RCU_ARM_HAVE_DMB 1'.  So does /usr/src/userspace-rcu-0.8.0/config.h.  The only config.h *not* to have that #define is /usr/src/lttng-ust-2.3.0/config.h.  Could it be the libringbuffer make used the latter?

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
RDDC - Centre de recherches de Valcartier | DRDC - Valcartier Research Centre
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245