[lttng-dev] liblttng-ust-cyg-profile.so not found

Shariyar syed.shariyar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 11:37:20 EST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to collect function entry and exit points in a trace. I  have
followed the instructions written on the following man page:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man3/lttng-ust-cyg-profile.3.html.

In my system, UST tracepoint tracing  is working fine and I am able to
collect traces with the statically typed tracepoints in the code. However,
there is no liblttng-ust-cyg-profile.so in my system and I get an error
when I execute the following:

       *LD_PRELOAD=liblttng-ust-cyg-profile.so* appname

Please let me know how to get it to work?

Thanks,
Shariyar