[lttng-dev] Lttng state dump traces not present in 13.04 Ubuntu server distribution

Alexandre Montplaisir alexmonthy at voxpopuli.im
Thu Jan 23 13:38:32 EST 2014

Hi,

Can you confirm if the updated "lttng-modules-dkms" package really
installed successfully? (You can uninstall/reinstall it and check in the
output.) The problem with DKMS packages is that the .deb can build fine
on the builder, but it fails to install on the user's machine depending
on the kernel version, etc.

What may happen is that the package failed to install, and you are still
using the old version of the lttng-modules that come with the default
Ubuntu kernel, which may not have statedump events. In that case I would
suggest installing the modules manually from source.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to query which version of the
modules are running with the "lttng" command.

Cheers,
Alexandre