[lttng-dev] baddr feature triggers deadlock in lttng-ust

Woegerer, Paul Paul_Woegerer at mentor.com
Fri Feb 28 07:38:55 EST 2014

I have looked a bit into the issue...

The ust_locking inside the dl_iterate_phdr triggers the deadlock.

If I just collect the base address info inside dl_iterate_phdr and dump
the collected data with trace_baddr afterwards (outside the
dl_iterate_phdr iteration) the deadlock will be prevented.

I'm now going to create a patch that implements this approach.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Woegerer, SW Development Engineer