[lttng-dev] Bug in LTTng-UST

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 12 19:54:35 EST 2014

Hi, it appears as though if a tracepoint is in a so, loading it,
unloading it and reloading it makes it no longer visible.

To confirm this you can try out this repo :
https://github.com/TheMatthew/yquake2
(I know, it's not a serious program... but the bug is serious, I think)
You can get the demo files here
http://www.fileplanet.com/6584/0/fileinfo/Quake-2-Demo-v3.14
make the program (make from the git dir)
copy the contents of the baseq2 in the demo into the release/baseq2
directory

start a ust session
run the program.
Ignore the baddr deadlocks :)
The tracepoint is not visible, it is located in the game.so file.

Chances are though that the problem is on my side, but the evidence
(single registration ) seems to indicate that this is an actual problem.