[lttng-dev] Errors compiling converted tp file

Yan Grange ygrange at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 05:59:40 EST 2014

Hi,

Let me start by thanking you for all the support you give (it is impressingly fast).

So if I look in the repo, with the ppa installed, I can't find liburcu:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lttng-ppa-precise.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/lttng/ppa/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/lttng/ppa/ubuntu precise main

(I have asked my admin to do an apt-get update)

$ apt-cache search lttng
lttng-modules-dkms - Linux Trace Toolkit (LTTng) kernel modules (DKMS)
lttng-tools - LTTng control and utility programs
liblttng-ust0 - LTTng 2.0 Userspace Tracer (libraries)
liblttng-ust-dev - LTTng 2.0 Userspace Tracer (development files)
liblttng-ctl-dev - LTTng control and utility library (development files)
liblttng-ctl0 - LTTng control and utility library
liblttng-ust-java-jni - LTTng 2.0 Userspace Tracer (JNI interface)
liblttng-ust-java - LTTng 2.0 Userspace Tracer (Java support library)
python-lttng - Python bindings for LTTng
liblttng-ust-ctl2 - LTTng 2.0 Userspace Tracer (trace control library)

$ apt-cache search liburcu
liburcu-dev - a userspace RCU (read-copy-update) library - development files
liburcu1 - a userspace RCU (read-copy-update) library
liburcu2 - a userspace RCU (read-copy-update) library

So it looks like my aptitude is not aware of a package called liburcu without a postfix… Even if I'd purge and reinstall (which seems like a very good idea) I don't see if I can access the right library this way.

Cheers

Yan Grange