[lttng-dev] babeltrace 1.2.2 and python3

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Aug 15 11:47:59 EDT 2014

   The babeltrace 1.2.2 README suggests the python3-dev package and states configure need only be called with the enable-python-bindings option.

   However, my configure log (on a system with python3-dev (and therefore python3) and swig2.0 installed) reads in part:

checking for swig... no
checking for swig2.0... /usr/bin/swig2.0
checking SWIG version... 2.0.4
checking for SWIG library... /usr/share/swig2.0
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.7
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
checking for python2.7-config... /usr/bin/python2.7-config
checking python include flags... -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7

   I get the impression the "wrong" version of python is being bound to.  Is this what the export of PYTHON and PYTHON_CONFIG is meant to fix?

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
RDDC - Centre de recherches de Valcartier | DRDC - Valcartier Research Centre
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>