[lttng-dev] [RFC Patch Tools 0/4] Configurable lttng-probe modules

Jan Glauber jan.glauber at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:19:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 02:40:51PM -0400, David Goulet wrote:
> On 11 Apr (10:40:47), Jan Glauber wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 03:45:51PM -0400, David Goulet wrote:

Hi David,

sorry for my vacational late response. Some more questions...

> As of now, you have to pass it to the daemon:
>
>   -f  --config                       Load daemon configuration file
>
> For 2.5, we want to have a default config. file installed in /etc/lttng/
> and provide also documentation on it with probably a man page.
>
> We went with the INI file format so in our case here I can see a simple
> option like:
>
> modules = probe1, probe2, probe3, ...

For the env variable I choose an PATH-like format so currently it is:
"probe1:probe2:...".
Should I change this to match the config file format then?

> and by default load ALL.
>

> > > Anyhow, I'm comfortable merging this and adding this env. var but an
> > > option in the configuration file could also be awesome! :)

I'm looking into this now but its not obvious to me how the config file
should look like. If I provide an empty config file lttng seems to not
have any config options and fails to start. So do you have an example of
a working config file?

I guess because its INI based there should be sections? Which?

Jan