[lttng-dev] lttng has No session daemon is available

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Sun Apr 6 08:19:32 EDT 2014

The sessiond take a short while to become ready.

If you are running a script, I recommend using '-d' or '-b' to
lttng-sessiond, instead of using "&".

Then, you need to wait for it to be ready, which can be done simply by a
short sleep, or using signals (look at --sig-parent commandline argument).

The reason you are seeing the error is that you are running lttng create
before the sessiond is really ready.

Amit

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented