[lttng-dev] [RFC] API/ABI for consumerd and relayd health check

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Sep 16 08:56:10 EDT 2013

Hi!

I'd need some feedback on how you think would be best to present the API
to users for health check, as well as the ABI.

I got the instrumentation part pretty much straightened out, but we need
to make some decisions for the user API.

Do you think we should extend enum lttng_health_component or introduce a
new API function besides lttng_health_check() ? Should we continue
extending lttng/lttng.h, or introduce these in a lttng/health.h ?

One thing that makes matters a bit difficult is that there may be
multiple concurrent e.g. root relayd running, which is not the case for
sessiond nor consumerd.

Also, how do you think we should organize the named unix socket for
communication (file names and so on ?).

Ideas are appreciated,