[lttng-dev] LTTng packages in Debian sid out of sync

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sun Oct 20 00:15:04 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jon Bernard" <jbernard at debian.org>

Hi Jon,

We seem to have a problem here. The pace of packaging on Debian currently does not seem to match our support cycle at all. You are currently targeting LTTng 2.1 for testing (and therefore next stable), while we specified a release policy back in August: http://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-August/021132.html which clearly states that we currently support LTTng 2.3, and only do security fix backports for 2.2. Therefore, 2.1 is clearly unsupported at this point.

I strongly advise to update packages in sid ASAP to LTTng 2.3, and we need to know how much time it takes to get it into testing, and figure out if it makes into the upcoming stable. I restate help offer on behalf of the LTTng community: if you lack time to update those packages, please let us know, and we will give a hand ensuring that those are updated in sid soon after the upstream releases.

Thoughts ?