[lttng-dev] make a trace_event in a modul (driver)

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Sun Nov 24 11:01:24 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Klaus Dannecker <klaus.dannecker at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 22.11.2013 19:54, schrieb Thibault, Daniel:
>
>>> how can I define a "tracing"group , so I no longer need the sudo command?
>>
>> $ sudo addgroup --system tracing
>> $ sudo adduser username tracing
>>
>> You must log off and back on for group membership to be activated.
>>
>> You may also want to add lttng-sessiond as a service:
>>
>> $ sudo ln --symbolic /lib/init/upstart-job /etc/init.d/lttng-sessiond
>>
>> And create /etc/init/lttng-sessiond.conf containing:
>>
>> description "LTTng central tracing registry session daemon"
>> author "Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com>"
>> start on local-filesystems
>> stop on runlevel [06]
>> respawn
>> exec lttng-sessiond
>>
>> You can then start the session daemon with 'sudo service lttng-sessiond
>> start' (stop it with 'stop', restart with 'restart').
>
> Thanks, now it works
> but when i
> $ lttng create
> $ lttng enable-event -k -a
> $ lttng start
> so, the function does not return!
> only 'strg c' terminated the fuktion.

Interesting. Would you mind running "lttng start" in verbose mode and
provide the output?
lttng -vvv start

> the same by
> $ lttng stop
> and
> $ lttng destroy
>
> but
> $ lttng create
> $ lttng enable-event -u -a
> $ lttng start
> $ lttng stop
> $ lttng destroy
> -> works
>
> how can i remove all installed lttng_modules,
> so that I can start again from the beginning?

lttng-modules does not define an "uninstall" make target. I guess
you'll have to delete the modules manually under
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/lib
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/probes

I'm wondering if it could be a conflict with your distribution's
lttng-modules-dkms package... Could you verify that it is not
installed?

> Thanks
> Klaus
> sorry, i am a linux beginner

No problem, we all were at some point :)

Jérémie

>> Daniel U. Thibault
>> Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection &
>> Countermeasures (SPC)
>> Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical
>> Cyber Security (MCCS)
>> R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D
>> Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
>> 2459 route de la Bravoure
>> Québec QC  G3J 1X5
>> CANADA
>> Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
>> Fax : (418) 844-4538
>> NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
>> Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
>> <http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

Jérémie Galarneau