[lttng-dev] New article about Userspace RCU on LWN

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Nov 19 03:50:39 EST 2013

Hi Mathieu, nice articles, now I can point my co-workers at it when they ask me
what this RCU stuff is all about :)  I noticed that the article
  http://lwn.net/Articles/573431/
says

"The hash table can then be allocated:

     ht = cds_lfht_new(1, 1, 0, CDS_LFHT_AUTO_RESIZE, NULL);
  The first 1 specifies the initial number of hash buckets in the table, the
  second 1 specifies the minimum number of hash buckets, and the 0 specifies the
  maximum number of hash buckets. All three quantities must be powers of two,
  except for the special case of 0 for the third argument, which specifies an
  unlimited maximum number of hash buckets."

However the rculfhash.h header doesn't say that the third argument can be zero.
All it says is:

  * @max_nr_buckets: the maximum number of hash table buckets allowed.
  *                  (must be power of two)

Best wishes, Duncan.