[lttng-dev] make a trace_event in a modul (driver)

Klaus Dannecker klaus.dannecker at gmx.de
Wed Nov 13 12:37:01 EST 2013

Am 09.11.2013 09:33, schrieb Klaus Dannecker:
> Hi,
> I want to write a driver with trace events.
> In the first step i compile the example  trace-events-sample.c with
> the makefile:
>
> ifneq ($(KERNELRELEASE),)
>     obj-m  := modul_trace-events-sample.o
>     modul_trace-events-sample-y := trace-events-sample.o
>     ccflags-y := -I$(src)
> else
>     KDIR ?= /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> default:
>     $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) M=$$PWD
> endif
>
> now i get the modul_trace-events-sample.ko File.
> now:
> insmod modul_trace-events-sample.ko
> lttng create
> lttng enable-event -k -a
> lttng start
> ...wait...
> lttng stop
> lttng destroy
>
> now i look the result in the eclise viewer, but i found event
> "trace_foo_bar" not in the session!
> what am I doing wrong?
>
> I use ubuntu 13.04 in a vmware
>
> Thanks

now i found a answer:
http://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-October/021540.html
now i download the lttng-module and compiled it.

|$ git clone git://git.lttng.org/lttng-modules.git
||$ cd lttng-tools|
|$ make|
|$ sudo make modules_install
|here I get  error
INSTALL /mnt/hgfs/shared_Folder/lttng-modules/lib/lttng-lib-ring-buffer.ko
Can't read private key
what does that mean?
what  should I do?

please help me!

another question:
when i create atrace events in module_a,
can i use it in module_b?
if yes,what  should I do?

thanks Klaus