[lttng-dev] Broken patch for a wrapping libdl

Woegerer, Paul Paul_Woegerer at mentor.com
Tue Nov 5 03:27:40 EST 2013

Hi Matthew,

I have a working solution for that (also based on LD_PRELOADing) as part
of my base address tracing stuff.
I'm going submit the whole patch series next week (hopefully).

Best,
Paul

On 11/04/2013 05:55 PM, Matthew Khouzam wrote:
> Hello tracing arch-wizards,
>
> I was working a bit on a trace with the cyg_profile stuff, and an issue
> that would arise is when you dynamically lync a library, you don't have
> it's name in the symbol tables of the executable, so you cannot nm it to
> have something human readable in the callstack.
>
> The easy solution is to wrap libdl, that way you get the handle of the
> lib i dlopen, and from that you get the function name in dlsym, it also
> handles seamlessly if a lib is closed, and another would replace the
> addresses used.
>
> The only problem is, it doesn't work and I don't have time to get it
> working (in the short term).
>
> I am posting this beginning idea to see if it generates any
> interest/solutions.
>
> Hope this works out,
>
> Matthew

Paul Woegerer, SW Development Engineer
Sourcery Analyzer <http://go.mentor.com/sourceryanalyzer>
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Software Division