[lttng-dev] On git and mail requests

Raphaël Beamonte raphael.beamonte at polymtl.ca
Thu Mar 28 12:27:56 EDT 2013

2013/3/28 Simon Marchi <simon.marchi at polymtl.ca>

> Not that I know. But for example, with Gerrit, you could probably
> fetch all the changesets you were asked to review to your git tree
> before boarding your plane to Australia and at least read them. You
> would still have to enter your comments when you get back online.
>
> Do you happen to work offline often ? Is this really important ?

For what it's worth, I like the current e-mail based patching system. Using
another tool would just conduct me to have to :
1/ Follow online if there isn't any way to get the information by email
2/ Subscribe to the "send me all the info by email" if it exists
3/ Have to connect (and login?) to the website to answer if necessary, so
taking more time to do it than now if there isn't any "reply directly by
email" system
4/ Answer by email if it's possible

So, in the best situation, I'll do exactly as I do right now. In the worst
condition... I'll not be able to continue following what happens on the
lttng world as I'll never think about giving a look at a website. I like
the way the information comes to me, I'd not like to have to search for the
information.