[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng-UST 2.2.0 - Cuda (STABLE)

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Jun 25 19:01:17 EDT 2013

* Mathieu Desnoyers (mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com) wrote:
> LTTng-UST, the Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation Userspace Tracer, is
> port of the low-overhead tracing capabilities of the LTTng kernel tracer
> to user-space. The library "liblttng-ust" enables tracing of
> applications and libraries.
>
> Noteworthy new feature in LTTng-UST 2.2.0:
>
> - per UID buffers for UST,
> - periodical flush for metadata,
> - trace file rotation.

Just for completeness, I'm pasting the "Major new features" description
found in the 2.2.0-rc3 release announcement:

Major new features:
- Per context filtering (vtid, vpid, procname) with e.g.
  --filter 'procname=="apache2"'
- Buffers shared across applications with same user id e.g.
  lttng enable-channel -u mychan --buffers-uid
- Implement --switch-timer and --read-timer options (periodical flush
  and RT-awareness).
- Function entry/exit tracing (see lttng-ust-cyg-profile(3) manpage).