[lttng-dev] Question about Kprobe and function commandline options

Jessica Foest jessica.foest at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 15:02:11 EDT 2013

Hi

i try to apply kprobe to a system call , so i used probe and function
option :

lttng enable-event aname -k --probe sys_open+0x0 : this command returns ip
value

lttng enable-event aname -k --function sys_open : this command returns ip
and parent_ip values .

what does these values ip and parent_ip means ?

I try to apply probe and function options to some kernel symbols like
initialized date (like xen_vcpu_info symbol), read only data (like
linux_prob_banner symbol) and code (like reserve_ebda_region symbol) it
displays to me : Enable kernel event failed ,warning some command went(s)
wrong.
Did i make a mistake or it's a limitation in LTTng ?

regards.