[lttng-dev] Problem with adding vpid and vtid context to UST

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Sun Jun 16 04:06:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

Every time I try this, I get the following error:

Error: Error starting tracing for app pid: 5663 (ret: -1027)

Here's my sequence:

lttng create foo -o /store/
lttng enable-channel -u
lttng add-context -u -t vpid -t vtid -t procname
lttng enable-event -u -a
lttng start foo

At this point I start my application and get that error. When the
application exits, I stop the tracing, and run lttng view.

The trace session seems to have worked just fine, and "procname" was
indeed added to the context, but vtid and vpid were not.

And BTW, the documentation doesn't clearly state that pid and tid are
kernel-only contexts, and that one should use vtid and vpid.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented