[lttng-dev] Will LTTng overwrite existing trace files after reboot, or continue where the previous instance left off?

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Wed Jun 12 15:14:10 EDT 2013

Indeed the path is not different. There is no date-part in the path. I
simply have ~/lttng-traces/ust/uid/<uid>/64-bit/ ...

Please remember that I use 2.2.0rc2 and not the latest master.
Unfortunately, I must retain some level of stability, so if the addition
of the date part in the path for per-uid buffers is later than 2.2.0rc2 -
that would be the cause of the difference.

Amit

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented
XIV-NAS Development Team