[lttng-dev] Sync instrumentation to today's linux 3.8

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:10:26 EST 2013

To prepare instrumentation for the next linux release, here is the ticket I
was working on. It's mostly straight forward.

http://redmine.dorsal.polymtl.ca/issues/431

There is one issue with ext4 includes. I had to copy fs/ext4/ext4.h and
ext4_extent.h for the function ext4_ext_get_actual_len(). I added them to
instrumentation/mainline/fs/ext4 directory. I'm not sure if it's the best
solution.

Still testing to do, thought. BTW, is there a test setup for regression? I
would like to verify that it doesn't break any supported kernel and I don't
have the required setup.

With this, maybe lttng-modules 2.1 can target linux 3.8?

Cheers,

Francis