[lttng-dev] Odd dependency for lttng-ust

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 21 11:50:02 EST 2013

-----Message d'origine-----
De : David Goulet [mailto:dgoulet at efficios.com]
Envoyé : 21 janvier 2013 10:53

Also, I do still forget it still today but after installing URCU and UST:

$ sudo ldconfig

David
-----Fin du message d'origine-----

   But 'sudo make install' invokes 'ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib'...

   Tried again, without fetching liburcu-dev from the LTTng PPA.  The packages added to the basic Ubuntu 12.04 install are:

automake        1:1.11.3-1ubuntu2
binutils-gold    2.22-6ubuntu1
bison                  1:2.5.dsfg-2.1
flex                     2.5.35-10ubuntu3
libpopt-dev     1.16-3ubuntu1
libtool                2.4.2-1ubuntu1
libuuid1             2.20.1-1ubuntu3
python-dev     2.7.3-0ubuntu2
swig2.0              2.0.4+really2.0.4-4ubuntu2
linux-headers-3.2.0-36-virtual
texinfo               4.13a.dfsg.1-8ubuntu2
g++                      4:4.6.3-1ubuntu5

This time I did sudo ldconfig after each install (both commands had nothing to say).  After making and installing lttng-modules and userspace-rcu successfully, lttng-ust's configure fails about a dozen checks earlier than the liburcu-cds check with:

checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
checking for uuid_create in -lc... no
configure: error: Cannot find libuuid uuid_generate nor libc uuid_create. Use LDFLAGS=-Ldir to specify their location.

Even though libuuid1 (includes libuuid-perl, uuid-dev, uuid-runtime) is installed.  I need to fix this new stumbling block before we can address the liburcu-cds problem.

Logs available.

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) / Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) / Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>