[lttng-dev] Odd dependency for lttng-ust

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Jan 21 10:29:49 EST 2013

* Thibault, Daniel (Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca) wrote:
> [...]

No. Distribution packages usually lag behind the project upstream.
Ubuntu 12.04 has been released last year, and their policy don't allow
them to update the packages within this specific distribution version.

This is why you run into trouble when you try to mix distribution
packages (from last year) with the current development head.

Don't mix packages from distributions with packages built from sources
when version dependencies don't match. All the required dependency
information is found in the README files of each project.