[lttng-dev] help on using command lttng enable-event just one trace point -u

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Thu Feb 7 12:51:07 EST 2013

Hi,

You are probably missing a part of the event name.

Once your application is started, you can use "lttng list -u" to list
the available events for UST tracing. It should look something like that
(this is taken from the hello example in UST code tree).

ust_tests_hello:tptest (loglevel: TRACE_DEBUG_LINE (13)) (type: tracepoint)

$ lttng enable-event ust_tests_hello:tptest -u

When creating a tracepoint event in your application, you have this:

TRACEPOINT_EVENT(ust_tests_hello, tptest, ...)

You have to use both part with ":" between which are the component name
and name of the tracepoint. See lttng-ust(3) for an explanation.

Thanks!
David

mohammad reza rejali: