[lttng-dev] LTTng UST vs Syslog, Printf...

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Tue Aug 20 14:18:46 EDT 2013

I would like to see if the UST logs were ("message %s", string)  of the
printf'ed function.

I remember testing it a while ago and getting about 20x less space for a
trace for 10m events where it was int i=0 ; for(i < 10000000; i++)
trace("val %d", i++);

I formatted recently so I will have to dig a bit but I think the graph
on page 11 discards the fact that since the logs in LTTng are deferred,
they will be logged without stopping the program.

My 0.02c... oh wait, the penny was retired.

Matt