[lttng-dev] one sessiond for multiuser system

Stanislav Vovk stanislav.vovk at ericsson.com
Mon Aug 12 08:31:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

No, "Bob" did not belong to group "tracing"!

I created group "tracing", added Bob to it(as secondary group, "users" is primary) and could successfully see all events registered by program run as Bob. Thanks for that!
One problem though, when I took a snapshot with "lttng snapshot record" consumerd crashed! See below for debug output from sessiond. Seems like a bug to me, something to add to the bugtracker?

Cheers,
Stanislav

DEBUG1 [2056/2061]: Sending metadata request to sessiond, session id 0, per-pid 6 (in lttng_ustconsumer_request_metadata() at ust-consumer.c:1867)
DEBUG1 [1855/2057]: Metadata request received for session 0, key 8 (in ust_consumer_metadata_request() at ust-consumer.c:455)
DEBUG3 [1855/2057]: Buffer registry per UID find id: 0, ABI: 32, uid: 0 (in buffer_reg_uid_find() at buffer-registry.c:195)
DEBUG3 [1855/2057]: No metadata to push for metadata key 4 (in ust_app_push_metadata() at ust-app.c:441)
DEBUG1 [1855/2057]: No metadata to push (in ust_app_push_metadata() at ust-app.c:444)
DEBUG2 [1855/2057]: Consumer push metadata to consumer socket 33 (in consumer_push_metadata() at consumer.c:1175)
lttng-consumerd: ust-consumer.c:1907: lttng_ustconsumer_request_metadata: Assertion `key == channel->key' failed.
DEBUG1 [1855/1858]: Fail to receive status reply on sock 32 (in consumer_recv_status_reply() at consumer.c:58)
DEBUG1 [1855/1858]: Sending response (size: 16, retcode: Snapshot record failed) (in thread_manage_clients() at main.c:3765)
DEBUG1 [1855/2057]: Fail to receive status reply on sock 33 (in consumer_recv_status_reply() at consumer.c:58)
Error: Pushing metadata
Error: Handling metadata request
Error: Health error occurred in thread_manage_consumer
DEBUG1 [1855/2057]: consumer thread cleanup completed (in thread_manage_consumer() at main.c:1194)
DEBUG1 [1855/1858]: Clean command context structure (in clean_command_ctx() at main.c:538)
DEBUG1 [1855/1858]: Accepting client command ... (in thread_manage_clients() at main.c:3629)