[lttng-dev] Looking for documentation on the old LTTng trace formats, 2.3-2.6

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Aug 5 10:38:57 EDT 2013

* David Lindström (david.lindstrom at percepio.se) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m looking for documentation on the old/legacy LTTng trace formats.
> Before LTTng 2.x and CTF that is. I found a PDF titled "LTTng Trace
> Binary Format v2.3 Guidelines" which details the 2.3 format nicely.
> However, I need to support the later versions as well which I'm unable to
> find anything at all about. What changed between 2.3 and 2.6?
>
> Does such documentation even exists? If not, what would be my best
> options to figure it out?

I remember someone contributed this kind of documentation in the past.
Here it is:

http://benno.id.au/docs/lttng_data_format.pml

I'm unsure which version of the format it applies to though. It's best
to confirm if it matches the source files before assuming it fits lttng
0.x trace format 2.6.

Good luck!

Mathieu