[lttng-dev] LTTNG UST configure error (lttng-ust-2.1.2)

Simon Marchi simon.marchi at polymtl.ca
Wed Apr 17 13:50:52 EDT 2013

Hi Hari,

libuuid is indeed required in order to build LTTng-UST for every
platform. The usual way to install it is through a package manager
(package uuid-dev on debian/ubuntu, for example). If this is not an
option, you will have to build it from source. It is part of the
util-linux package [1][2]. util-linux contains a lot of tools though,
try to see if you can only build and install libuuid from it.

Simon

[1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/util-linux/util-linux.git
[2] ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/