[lttng-dev] [RFC lttng-tools] Triggers

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Mon Apr 15 10:54:06 EDT 2013

FYI, disable and enable-consumer are gone in 2.2-rc1.

That's an interesting discussion to have. For the last years, we've used
"lttng ACTION OPTIONS" scheme. Now, we choose to change that for the
triggers and snapshots (RFC) is to have less commands and focus on the
"object semantic" like "lttng OBJECT ACTION OPTIONS" mainly because we
are pretty sure that more options and possibilities will come in the
future with these complex commands.

So, the main reasons is that instead of creating 3+ more commands, we go
for one command that allows the user to use triggers with all the
different options under the same "roof".

It's a bit like "git commit" and "git remote". Git is still very usable
but commands are simply different.

Hope that it clarifies why we propose this new scheme.

David

Matthew Khouzam: