[lttng-dev] GSoC 2013 idea: support a new language binding for lttng

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Apr 12 11:59:03 EDT 2013

My main concern is that I don't know if any current LTTng contributor
is proficient in Lua and will be able to provide the necessary
guidance. That also raises the important question of finding someone
who will maintain the bindings after GSoC.

Jérémie

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Christian Babeux
<christian.babeux at efficios.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiaona,
>
> This could be feasible. I don't know how the others LTTng developers
> would feel about adding other language bindings.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Christian
>
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Xiaona Han <xiaonahappy13 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>     I am very interested in lttng of GSoC 2013. I find that current lttng
>> only supports python. I want to support another language binding for lttng.
>> I am familiar with Lua and SWIG. By adding Lua language support, lttng could
>> be used by Lua developers and users.  Are there anyone interested in
>> mentoring me about this idea? Thanks.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Xiaona Han.

Jérémie Galarneau