[lttng-dev] add-context perf counters support in userspace

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Apr 2 09:30:54 EDT 2013

* Markus Weinfurtner (markus.weinfurtner.ext at nsn.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> will perf counters in add-context for userspace be supported in the future?
> Does anybody currently work on this?

Hi,

This is something we are contemplating, but we are expecting a Perf ABI
that will expose those counters to user-space through vDSO. I know some
work has been done in perf to expose those counters through system
calls, but I don't know the current completion status.

Short story: as soon as we have a user-space interface available to read
those counters from UST, we plan to support it.