[lttng-dev] A problem

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Fri Mar 2 08:22:14 EST 2012

Hi,

You need to be root to use the kernel tracer, or alternatively, your
user needs to be in the "tracing" group. But on a single-user machine it
might be a bit more simple to just use "sudo".

The quickstart example uses the root user directly, which is why the
commands start with "#".

On 12-03-01 10:08 PM, 岳鹏 wrote:
> lttngers:
> hello,I have met a problem when I first used the tool lttng.
> The situation as following:
> my system is ubuntu 11.10,and the kernel's version is 3.0.0-12,the lttng's
> version which I used is lttng2.0.
> I have installed this tool successfully,following the guide on
> https://launchpad.net/~lttng/+archive/ppa.
> But when I use lttng following
> https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/lttng-tools/wiki,I met a issue.
> the terminal is:
> *yuepeng at cheery-lucifer:~$ lttng create mysession

Replace this with "sudo lttng create mysession"

> Session mysession created.
> Traces will be written in
> /home/yuepeng/lttng-traces/mysession-20120302-105623
> yuepeng at cheery-lucifer:~$ lttng enable-event -a -k

and "sudo lttng enable-event -a -k" here

Let us know if you still have problems. The Oneiric packages in the PPA
are still fresh, so testing is appreciated ;)

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir
DORSAL lab,