[lttng-dev] lttng - ubuntu 11.10 - problem

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Fri Jun 15 11:32:02 EDT 2012

On 12-06-15 11:12 AM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * David Goulet (david.goulet at polymtl.ca) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In order to trace the kernel, you need the LTTng kernel modules
> available in
> the package "lttng-modules-dkms". So make sure you have these three
> packages
> installed:
>
> # sudo apt-get install lttng-tools lttng-modules-dkms babeltrace
>
> > hopefully lttng-modules-dkms issues "depmod -a" after the make
> > modules_install ?

Yeah it does, it runs it once at the end after all modules have been
compiled.

In Somanath's original email, there are two sessiond running, one as
root and one as the user. I'm curious as to how the user one got
started, perhaps the commands weren't executed as root somehow?

Cheers,
--
Alexandre Montplaisir
DORSAL lab,