[lttng-dev] Port to Android Linux

Anson Ho ccansons at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:54:12 EST 2012

Hi there,

Did anyone successfully port LTTng to Android Linux?

I tried couple methods but there is no luck.  For example, I tried to put
the ust and urcu and Android's external folder with a customized
Android.mk.  I also tried to cross compile it independently.  However, both
methods failed due to lack of some glibc features, such as *splice*.

If any one can give me an hint on how to port LTTng to Android, that would
be helpful.  Thanks.

PS: for the kernel part, I choose the patch for kernel 2.6.29 because
Android's goldfish comes with 2.6.29; for the user part, I tried both 0.6
and 0.16.

Anson.