[lttng-dev] Uprobe and extractor for coredump

Chang, Zheng Zheng.Chang at emc.com
Tue Aug 7 22:31:04 EDT 2012

Hi,

Recently Linus merged uprobe into kernel mainline and perf has supported
user-space dynamic tracing now.

Is there any plan or motion on this with LTTng?

I did some research on buffer management of LTTng. And I'm trying to
figure out a way to extract trace info from coredump.

Here is an immature idea about the extractor:

-          Resolve the addresses of necessary symbols from coredump with
binary format library/tool

-          Restructure the data structures

-          Following the data structures, dump the buffer data page by
page

Any good ideas or suggestions or concerns?

BR

Zheng