[lttng-dev] Babeltrace Buffer Warning

Oestman, Fredrik Fredrik_Oestman at mentor.com
Mon Apr 16 10:11:03 EDT 2012

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> The warning message is:
>
> "[warning] Tracer discarded 280625 events between
> [1334315833.578351009] and
> [1334315833.578351380]. You should consider increasing the buffer
> size."
>
> which states that the tracer did discard the events (not the
> converter).
> But maybe I'm missing your point. What would you recommend to make this
> message clearer ?

I actually had no recommendation or suggestion in mind. To me the message is clear. I just got the impression that the OP may have been confused in this respect for some reason.

But since you ask, what about something along the lines of:

"[warning] The tracer discarded 280625 events between
[1334315833.578351009] and
[1334315833.578351380]. You should consider making a new trace with larger buffers or with fewer event types enabled."

Cheers,

Fredrik Östman