[lttng-dev] Babeltrace Buffer Warning

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Mon Apr 16 09:52:06 EDT 2012

* Oestman, Fredrik (Fredrik_Oestman at mentor.com) wrote:
> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > Salman Rafiq wrote:
>
> > > My kernel traced files are very large in size, thus when I try to
> > > convert CTF->text using "babeltrace" and redirect output to a file
> > > using '>' operator, I get the following warnings: [...]
>
> > lttng enable-channel --help
>
> Just to clarify: These events were lost at trace time, not at convert time. Perhaps this isn't clear from the wording of the warning message.

The warning message is:

"[warning] Tracer discarded 280625 events between [1334315833.578351009] and
[1334315833.578351380]. You should consider increasing the buffer size."

which states that the tracer did discard the events (not the converter).
But maybe I'm missing your point. What would you recommend to make this
message clearer ?