[lttng-dev] lttng create --output problem

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Tue Apr 3 16:11:45 EDT 2012

Hi Ryan,

Well, the --output works on our test suites so it might be something you do that
does not create the trace.

Simply using create, start and stop will produce nothing. You have to at least
enable events for trace files to be created since they are opened by the consumer.

Can you try "lttng enable-events -a -k" (enabling all kernel events) after the
create session and tell me if it works for you? (or use user space tracing,
whatever works for you).

If not, add "-vvv" to the lttng command for debug output and also for the
session daemon.

# lttng-sessiond -vvv
# lttng -vvv ...

Thanks!