[lttng-dev] CTF traces support in LTTV and Eclipse LTTng viewers ?

rafal skrytka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:08:51 EDT 2012

I found this info on lttng website :
"Note: The LTTV and Eclipse LTTng viewers do not support CTF traces
yet. Until this support comes, Babeltrace can be used to convert LTTng
2.0 and LTTng-UST 2.0 traces to a human-readable log."

It's very frustrating that all info on LTTng website and wiki are
rarely actual.
Can't figure out how use this toolchain on let's say ubuntu 11.10 with
3.0 kernels.
Do we have to use special kernel or not?
Do user space profiling works on 3.0 kernel after installing lltng
even without restart?
Can we use lttv and eclipse viewers or not ?
That should,t be this way..