[ltt-dev] no metadata tracefile

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 22 11:12:36 EDT 2011

* Alex Luccisano (luccisa) (luccisa at cisco.com) wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,

In UST 0.x, linking libust-initializer.o with the executable is supposed
to take care of this. It uses the __start/__stop automatic linker
symbols for this.

Some info on this here:

http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/56

It would be interesting to find out why on powerpc this linking does not
seem to be done. Printing the values of those symbols in a constructor
might help understanding what is going on there. Maybe try removing
__attribute__((visibility("hidden"))) from the extern declarations at
the top of marker.c ? Also try adding:

UST_MARKER_LIB;

to your application C file (and don't link with libust-initializer.o
this time) to see if this helps.

Please note that this whole libust-initializer.o scheme is going away
for ust 2.0.