[ltt-dev] Session Daemon - Listing Events

David Goulet david.goulet at polymtl.ca
Thu May 26 16:03:37 EDT 2011

Comments below:

On 11-05-26 03:45 PM, Amer Alhalabi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a few questions regarding the Session Daemon.
> 1. Is it possible to list all available events for a given PID?

Not yet.

> 2. Is it possible to list all enabled events for a given PID?

Not yet.

> 3. If the answer to above is Yes, could you please give me with the
> signutures of those functions (if you have them)?

The goal is to move "libustctl" from the UST git tree to lttng-tools
tree and use that API to do all user-space tracing commands. Those
functions interacting with the user-space tracer are in the lttng-tools
git tree at "ltt-sessiond/ust-ctl.c". However, for now, there is none
for listing events/markers.

> 4. I looked at the current version of Userspace Tracer-UST but I did not
> find those functionalities although list-trace-events for a given PID
> was available in an older version. Is that work still in progress?

Normally, "list-markers" should give you all markers or/and tracepoints
and the state (0: disable, 1: enable).

"list-trace-events" is only to list "TRACE_EVENT" which are not yet
fully implemented and right now are only dummy printf.

As soon as UST is modified to support the new session daemon (of
lttng-tools repo), listing events for a given PID will be available upon
the UST release.

Don't hesitate for any other questions.

Cheers!
David