[ltt-dev] [LTTV] segmentation fault while reading traces

Birken, Klaus klaus.birken at harman.com
Tue May 24 09:27:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

when opening a LTT kernel trace, lttv-gui reports some "Cannot find pin_in in schedchange" messages and segv's soon afterwards.

My configuration on target: x86, multicore (via hyperthreading), kernel 2.6.36, patched with LTTng 0.245, modules 0.19.6, LTT control 0.89.

I am using the VMware image of the LTTng demo machine (latest downloaded), this is 0.12.37. Attached is the shell output.

BTW: While configuring the patched kernel, we couldn't find the Kernel Option "Immediate value optimization" in menuconfig. However, this has been mentioned in the manual:
                http://git.lttng.org/?p=lttv.git;a=blob_plain;f=LTTngManual.html#installlttng

Might this be a serious problem leading to crashing lttv-gui?

Thanks in advance, regards,
Klaus Birken

[cid:image001.png at 01CC1A1A.A7EA8C20]

Raiffeisenstr. 34
70794 Filderstadt
Phone: +49 711 90770 540
Fax: +49 711 90770 300
Mobile: +49 160 96969364
Email: klaus.birken at harman.com<mailto:klaus.birken at harman.com>
Web: www.harman.com

DR. KLAUS BIRKEN
Senior Software Architect
Harman/Becker Automotive Systems

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.