[ltt-dev] ltt traces creation on USB Drive

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue May 24 08:31:52 EDT 2011

* Dhirender Baliyan (dhir157 at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am using lttng version 2..6.28.4. Its working perfectly fine on mips. I
> can able to generate the traces on yffs2 filesyatem.
> But when i tried to create the traces on USB Drive(with vfat,ext3, etxt2 ..
> filesystem). it not working at all.
> Can you please suggest me the area of investigation.(From other programs i
> can create files and read files from USB ).

Also try yffs2 on USB. It's more likely a filesystem issue (rather than
block layer), probably because e.g. lack of splice() implementation on
your other filesystems.  I remember having to add splice() support to
NFS around these kernel versions, so I would not be surprised if other
filesystems also did lack splice support.

Also try running lttd in verbose mode to see if splice fails.